Our Designations & TrainingCredible financial designations protect your interests. Advisors who possess them have proven they successfully meet an established standard for competent practice and continued education in their profession.
We have the qualifications to provide you with expert advice
Between them, Hugh and Bill offer clients over 70 years’ worth of experience as well as recognized designations in the field of investment planning.
Hugh Latimer’s designations and training
- Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) CFP certification: This is a not-for-profit organization that develops, promotes and enforces professional standards in financial planning through Certified Financial Planner/CFP certification, and raises Canadians’ awareness of the importance of financial planning.1 FPSC’s vision is to see Canadians improve their lives by engaging in financial planning. This organization continually strives to ensure all standards for CFP professionals are relevant and rigorous. Hugh Latimer holds the designation of registered CFP from the FPSC in good standing with no disciplinary history. As such, he adheres to the Standards of Professional Responsibility of CFP Professionals and FPSC Registered Candidates.
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU): The Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation is recognized as an elite distinction in the financial services industry. To obtain this designation requires successful completion of advanced courses on taxation, law, and estate planning. The designation expands on the CFP program by focusing on complex estate planning and wealth transfer activities. Hugh is a CLU designee in good standing on the public registry.
- Chartered Financial Consultant (CH.F.C.): A Chartered Financial Consultant (CH.F.C.), like Hugh, offers you in-depth knowledge of both financial planning and insurance because he has studied many aspects of capital accumulation strategies. This designation is most commonly held by those working in the insurance industry.
Bill Latimer’s designations and training
- Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA): The Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA) designation course is an important component of the overall Age-Friendly® service revolution.2 Bill Latimer is a Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA) offering relevant, appropriate and respectful service on issues facing seniors (and those caring for them) such as debt management, care-giving needs, changing family structures, and wealth transfer. A professional CPCA follows the Code of Professional Responsibility
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA): Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFAs) are trained to assist with financial issues relating to divorce, such as: valuing and dividing property, child and spousal support, tax implications, RRSPs and pension plans, health care coverage, interpreting proposed settlements and much more. If you are facing the challenges of divorce, please contact Bill Latimer.
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA)
Securities regulators from each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada comprise the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA). The CSA protects Canadian investors from fraudulent practices while fostering efficient access to capital markets.3 The CSA offers a National Registration Search and maintains a Disciplined Persons list.
Legitimate financial advisors certified to deal in mutual funds are required to register with the securities regulatory authority in each province or territory where they do business.
Both Hugh and Bill Latimer are active, registered mutual fund dealers with FundEX Investments Inc.
Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSA) https://www.fpsc.ca
Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA) http://www.cpcacanada.com
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) http://www.csa-acvm.ca